This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s time to celebrate another food holiday. This one I think is very timely since Monday is Memorial Day.
Today is #nationalcherrydessertday ! Cherry pie seems to be one of those classic American desserts, but there are so many ways to enjoy those juicy red cherries.
One of my favorite summer childhood memories is coming into the house on a hot summer day for lunch. My mom would often serve limeade with our lunch. I would love to drink that tangy limeade while sitting under the swap cooler to cool off. Then, I discovered cherry limeade which I thought was even better. I loved the tangy lime juice paired with the sweet maraschino cherries! It was divine.
So as we get ready to kick off the summer this Memorial Day weekend. I made a frozen cherry limeade pie to share with all of you. It will be a great dessert to enjoy this summer.
I also have a collection of even more cherry dessert recipes to celebrate this holiday. I have some from the #celebratingfoodholidays bloggers that I team up with each month in addition to pulling some other ones from my archives. Check them all out below the recipe for today!
Cherry Limeade Pie
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) container Cool Whip, divided
- 6 oz frozen limeade concentrate, thawed (or half of a 12 oz can)
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed, leave 8 whole and slice the remaining into halves
- green food coloring, if desired
- Add 3/4 of the container of Cool Whip to a large bowl. Add in the sweetened condensed milk and fold until combined.
- Add in the limeade and a few drops of food coloring if desired. Fold until combined. Then add in the cherries that have been cut into halves and fold in.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie crust. Place in the freezer for several hours until firm.
- Top each slice with the remaining Cool Whip and whole cherries. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Cherry Recipes (all pictured above)
Cherry Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
Black Forest Cupcakes from Life Made Simple
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Creations by Kara
Cherry Almond Vanilla Cupcakes from Baking with Blondie
Cherry Turnovers from The Baker Upstairs
Vegan No-Bake Cherry Fruit Crisp from Namely Marly
Rum Soaked Preserved Cherries and Boozy Cherry Molasses from Foodie with Family
Cherry Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler from Hey Grill Hey
Chocolate Cherry Brownie Pizza from Gather for Bread
Slow Cooker 3 Ingredient Cherry Dump Cake from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
More Cherry Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
Easy Cherry Chocolate Brownies
Cake Mix Cherry Cheesecake
Easy Cherry Pie Sugar Cookie Bars
Cherry Chocolate Pie
Mini Banana Split Trifles
Patriotic Shortcake Parfaits
Easy Puff Pastry Pie
Rich No Bake Cheesecakes
American Flag Cake
Black Forest Cheesecake
Fruit Pancake Rolls Ups
Warm Fruit Compote