This recipe for cheesy lasagna rolls comes courtesy of Rachel at My Sisters’ Cucina. I thought this sound like a more fun and easier way to do lasagna. I used cottage cheese in place of the ricotta, because I had some that needed to be used soon. However, I would recommend sticking to using the ricotta. The cottage was fine in the recipe. However, there was a lot of liquid in the pan after cooking. So the sauce in the pan turned out a little on the watery. from now on, I am using ricotta cheese.
Also, I only used 10 lasagna noodles because what I had on hand was extra wide noodles. These lasagna rolls were yummy, easier to dish up, and a little easier to make than regular lasagna. You don’t have to spend time layering all the layers, just spread the filling on the noodles and roll ’em up. Loved them. Thanks Rachel. Tomorrow, I’ll share my favorite French bread recipe that I served with these little cheesy lasagna rolls.
- LASAGNA NOODLES
- SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- RICOTTA CHEESE
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- PARSLEY FLAKES
- GARLIC SALT
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
Cheesy Lasagna Rolls
Real Mom Kitchen
- 12 lasagna noodles cooked and cooled
- 1 28-32 oz jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided (1 1/2 cup for filling, 1/2 cup on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour half of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix together all ingredients for the filling including the 1 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Lay noodles flat and spread a spoonful filling mixture on noodles. Roll up like a sleeping bag and place in the pan seam side down. Repeat until all noodles are complete.
- Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
These are the original photos from this post. The above photo was updated in January 2014.