This post may contain affiliate links.
I recently decided to try out a simple recipe for cheesy beef stroganoff I saw in my recent issue of Kraft’s Food & Family magazine. It is basically like a homemade version of hamburger helper. The whole dish is made in one skillet – who doesn’t love that? Only one dish to clean up!
My youngest loved it and devoured her whole serving. The rest of us thought that it was a bit rich and too cheesy. So I recommend reducing the Velveta used in the recipe by half (use 4 oz instead of 8 oz). You could also add 1/2 cup sour cream to make up for the reduced Velveta. However, I don’t think it would be necessary. I also think it would add more flavor to use beef broth for at least 1/2 the amount of water used in the recipe. You could even add some onion while cooking the beef. Plus, a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce to punch up the flavor even more. While you are at it, you could even add a can of mushrooms. However, that wouldn’t work with my mushroom hating family.
With a few alterations this cheesy beef stroganoff is a success. All made in one pan and ready to eat in 30 minutes.Print
Cheesy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups water (I would recommend at least using 1 cup of beef broth in place of 1 cup of water for more flavor)
- 3 cups medium wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 4 – 8 oz Velveta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes (I recommend using 4 oz)
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- In a large skillet (that has a lid to use later), brown ground beef and drain of grease.
- Add water/beef broth to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles to the skillet, cover. Cook over medium-low heat for about 8 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Add Velveta, soup, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted and the dish is warmed through.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods.
[…] a reply Here is another recipe I found via Pinterest: link. It was pretty good and really easy to make. (It reminds me of hamburger helper) […]