Grab a bag of refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini. We are making an easy cheesy baked tortellini casserole with meat sauce. You only need 5 other ingredients in addition to the cheese tortellini.
First, you are going to make the meat sauce that the tortellini is gonna bake in. You are gonna brown up some gound beef. Then, you will mix it with a 24 oz jar of marinara sauce or pasta sauce. You can choose your favorite.
Now comes in the special ingredient. You are going to melt 8 oz of cream cheese into the sauce. It makes such a nice creamy tomato meat sauce.
Next, you add the cooked tortellini to the meat sauce and spread it all into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Last, you sprinkle the whole thing with some mozzarella and parmesan cheese. The only thing left to do is to bake it. It takes 20 minutes to bake this and then it’s ready to go.
Now I served this cheesy baked tortellini casserole along with some cheesy breadsticks the recipe will be coming tomorrow. However, veggies, a salad, or any other garlicy bread type thing would be great to go along with this.Print
- 1 (20oz) pkg. refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (24oz) jar marinara or pasta sauce
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese (cubed)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with some salt and pepper. Drain off any excess grease. Then stir in your tomato sauce and cream cheese. Simmer for a few minutes until the cream cheese in melted and mixed into the sauce.
Gently toss the cooked tortellini in with the sauce. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and parmesan over the top.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Switch the oven to broil and continue baking for an additonal 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian