Chex mix tends to be a standard snack you find at this time of year. We have a delicious secret family recipe that game from my great grandmother. We enjoy it every Christmas season. Her recipe is a little labor intensive too. This cheddar ranch snack mix is a fun change and it comes together much faster.
This snack mix has 3 main components. My grandmother’s had like like double that. This recipe includes Crispix cereal, white cheddar Cheez-It crackers, and pretzels. It’s a terrific triple combination.
Next, comes the coating for the mix. It starts with oil. I like to use canola oil. Then you mix in dry ranch dip mix, garlic powder, lemon and herb seasoning, and dill weed. Drizzle it over the cereal mix and toss to coat.
Now this mix doesn’t need time to cook in the oven. That’s how I make my grandmother’s recipe. Instead this version just takes a few minutes to cook in the microwave.
This cheddar ranch snack mix makes a great addition to you holiday party spread, charcuterie board, or give it as a give. No matter how you use it, your guests or gift recipients will love it!Print
- 4 cups Kellogg’s® Crispix® cereal
- 3 cups Cheez-It White Cheddar crackers
- 2 cups small pretzel twists or pretzel sticks
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 (1 oz) pkg dry ranch dip mix
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon and herb seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash lemon pepper seasoning blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- In large microwave safe bowl combine Crispix, Cheez-Its, and pretzels. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Gently stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave at high for 1 minute. Gently stir the mixture. Microwave for another minute. Spread out on a cookie sheet. Cool completely. Store in airtight container. Makes 9 cups.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is one I adated from Kellogg’s.