I can’t believe that Christmas is almost here. However, I am ready for it. After Christmas, we will be getting ready to move to our new house! I will share more with you all soon.
Well, for this week I decided to focus on hot drink recipes. They all will be perfect to serve for Christmas or any other time that you just want to warm up. Every one of them are delish and I can’t wait for you to see them all.
First up is a caramel apple wassail. The addition of caramel is wonderful. It adds a little more depth and sweetness. It’s made in the crock pot to make life easy and can be kept in there on warm.
This does include sprite in the recipe but it doesn’t stay carbonated through the cooking process. It is mainly used for the flavor. So don’t expect fizzy wassail when you see it in the ingredients.
- 1 gallon (16 cups) apple juice
- 1 liter (4 1/2 cups) Sprite
- ½ of a 12 oz can of frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 12 whole cloves
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- pinch of ginger
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for at least 4 hours or can cook all day.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves. Stir well and serve. Makes 20 servings.
Recipe adapted from Busy Creating Memories.