Chicken and Waffles is a well know combination. So, for today’s #EggoWaffleOff inspired recipe I decided to make my own twist on the traditional combination. Instead of the usual bread chicken on waffles with syrup, I went for a more savory flavor using buffalo chicken. I made a cold chicken salad with all the flavors of buffalo wings. Then, I placed it on top of the Mini Eggo Waffles. The result is these Buffalo Chicken Waffle Bites.
These will work for lunch, a snack, or even an appetizer for dinner. You get the nice creamy consistency you would expect from a chicken salad. Then, you get the heat of the buffalo wing sauce, the bite of blue cheese, and the crunch of celery. Finally it’s all topped on a crisp Eggo Waffle. They are delicious. If the heat is too much for you, you can cut back on the amount of wing sauce or pick a mild version.
Remember you can enter your very own recipe like these Buffalo Chicken Waffle Bites in the Eggo “Great Waffle Off!” contest by visiting the Eggo Waffle Facebook page. You could be the winner of $5,000! And you can also enter to win my giveaway too from Eggo, if you haven’t already.
Buffalo Chicken and Waffle Bites
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce I used Fanks Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked and small cubed chicken I use rotisserie chicken
- 1 stalk celery stalk finely chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 sets of 4 Eggo Mini Homestyle Waffles 24 mini Eggos total, toasted according to package directions and separated into individual mini waffles
- additional blue cheese crumbles and sliced celery for garnish optional
- In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, wing sauce, salt, garlic powder, and pepper until smooth.
- Then fold in the chicken, celery, and blue cheese until combined.
- Top each of the mini waffles with 1 Tbsp of the chicken mixture. Garnish each with a slice of celery and additional blue cheese if desired. Makes 24 chicken bites.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.
Disclosure: I was provided the tools to make this recipe along with compensation from Eggo. As always, my opinions are my own.