It was breakfast for dinner again the other night at our house. I made Brunch Pizza Squares. This is a family favorite. I got the recipe from a Quick Cooking magazine (now Simple and Delicious) in the year 2000. And guess what, it uses crescent roll dough.
The recipe calls for sausage, but you could use any cooked breakfast meat that you like. I have also used ham. It really is a quick and simple recipe. One tip is when you add the egg mixture just kind of drizzle it around the pizza. You want to use it to fill in all the holes around the meat. I also have to cook this a little longer than the recipe calls for. You want to have a brown crust and cooked egg.
- 1 lb. pork sausage, cooked or 1 lb. fully cooked ham diced
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (I don’t measure, I just put some on til it looks good)
- Unroll crescent dough into a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Press dough ½ inch up the sides; seal seams.
- Sprinkle dough with sausage or ham.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk; pour over sausage or ham. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. 8 servings.
This i s the original photo from this post. the above photo was updated in April 2014.