This bow tie chicken salad is an all time favorite pasta salad of mine. I love it. It is especially good to use for wedding and baby showers.
I have another recipe that is similar, but it uses a bottle of coleslaw dressing. I prefer this one because it uses good old mayo, which I always have on hand. You can even reduce the amount of sugar in it if you like a little less sweet in your bow tie chicken salad.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (20 oz can) pineapple, drained
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup cashews (if desired)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool pasta.
- In large bowl, add pasta, chicken, pineapple, grapes, celery, onion, and craisins.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar and mayo. Pour over pasta mixture and toss.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Mix in cashews just before serving.