This bow tie chicken salad is an all time favorite pasta salad of mine. I love it. It is especially good to use for wedding and baby showers.
I have another recipe that is similar, but it uses a bottle of coleslaw dressing. I prefer this one because it uses good old mayo, which I always have on hand. You can even reduce the amount of sugar in it if you like a little less sweet in your chicken salad.
This salad uses bow tie pasta along with rotini pasta. I love that because it make the salad look fun and also adds texture. The dressing for this is just mayo with a little sugar or sweetness. Other items included in here are celery, green onion, canned pineapple, red grapes, craisins, and chicken. You can also add in cashew. My family loves this addition. It adds a salty aspect along with a nice crunch.
- BOW TIE PASTA
- ROTINI PASTA
- COOKED CHICKEN
- CANNED PINEAPPLE
- RED GRAPES
- GREEN ONIONS
- CASHEWS (IF DESIRED)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (20 oz can) pineapple, drained
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup cashews (if desired)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool pasta.
- In large bowl, add pasta, chicken, pineapple, grapes, celery, onion, and craisins.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar and mayo. Pour over pasta mixture and toss.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Mix in cashews just before serving.