I really enjoy that Banana Blueberry Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting I shared a little bit ago. So, then I had to give this Blueberry Banana Cream Pie from my June/July issue of Simple & Delicious. I made a few adjustments to the recipe. So, I ended up with a mile high pie. There was tons of cream filling for this pie. Next time, I think I’ll make two pies by doubling the fruit and making some sweetened whipped cream to top it off. It was delicious. It’s just like a fabulous banana cream pie but it also has a nice pop to it with the addition of fresh blueberries.
The filling for this blueberry banana cream pie is so yummy too. It is similar to the filling for one of the banana pie I have shared with you that uses pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. However, this also has cream cheese and whipped cream added to the mix. It is heavenly! It would be great to use for fruit parfaits and is very similar to pastry cream. So you could easily use this filling for any recipe that calls for pastry cream. Delicious!!!!!
- CREAM CHEESE
- SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING MIX
- HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- LEMON JUICE
- FRESH BLUEBERRIES
- NILLA WAFER CRUST
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped (just whipped, DO NOT add any thing else to it)
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 prepared Nilla wafer crust
- additional blueberries for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the condensed milk until smooth. Then beat in the water and pudding mix. Fold in whipped cream.
- In a resealable plastic bag, add bananas and lemon juice; toss until bananas are coated. Drain and discard lemon juice.
- Spread with half of the cream cheese mixture into Nilla wafer crust. Top with bananas and blueberries. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings. (Next time I’m going to do 2 pie crusts and double the bananas and blueberries to make 2 pies and top them off with some sweetened whipped cream. As you can see in the picture these was tons on filling for just one pie)