I created this quick and easy biscuit fritters recipe one night when I wanted something sweet. Also, I needed to use a package of biscuits I had in the fridge. I remembered, while growing up, my mom use to dip roll dough in oil and then coating them in cinnamon/sugar . I decided to use that idea but with biscuits. I also decided to opt for butter instead of oil. Then I decided to finish them off with a little powdered sugar glaze.
These biscuit fritters turned out great. They tasted like a apple fritter minus the apples. The family loved them and wished there were more. This was quick, easy, and delicious. You can’t loose with cinnamon and sugar.
- PILLSBURY GRANDS SOUTHERN STYLE BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
- MELTED BUTTER
- POWDERED SUGAR
- HOT WATER
Real Mom Kitchen
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 16.3 oz pkg. Pillsbury Grands Southern Style Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1- 1 ½ Tbsp. hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon until well blended.
- Dip each biscuit in melted butter, being sure to coat all sides. Follow by dipping each biscuit in the sugar and cinnamon mixture coating the entire biscuit.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 13-17 minutes until golden. Remove biscuits from the oven and combine the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the warm biscuits and serve. Makes 8 fritters.