One pot dishes make clean up a cinch at meal time. That is exactly what I have for you today. Plus, this beef fajita skillet ready in under 30 minutes!
This is a skillet version of beef fajitas. I used ground beef to keep it simple. It also uses instant rice. This is what helps get it to the table in under 30 minutes. I did use instant brown rice and guess what? My family had no idea that it was brown rice! I love being able to sneak in extra nutrition.
I am a Canbassador for Cans Get You Cooking and my “cantry” also helped make this dish come together quickly. Canned goods help save on prep time. They make homemade easy!
This recipe uses canned tomatoes and beef broth, both items I always keep on hand in my “cantry”. Plus, cans are recyclable! Did you know that they are the most recycled containers in America today?
If your family is fajita fans, then they will most definitely love this dish. Give it a try1
Beef Fajita Skillet
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes with chipotle, undrained
- 1 14 1/2 oz can beef broth
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown beef until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in tomatoes, broth, chili powder, salt, and garlic. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Then add in the rice and sliced peppers. Stir to combine and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let sit until cheese melts, then serve. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious Oct/Nov 2014 issue.
This post is brought to you by a partnership with Cans Get You Cooking & Real Mom Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
To find out even more about how cans can get you cooking visit the following pages: