Sponsored post for Apple Almond Chicken Salad Wraps is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions are entirely my own.
The recipe was for Apple Almond Chicken Salad Wraps. It included these 3 ingredients along with some other interesting ones including, couscous, parsley, celery, apples, green grapes, blue cheese and almonds. I must say I was intrigued at how all of these ingredients would work together.
Then I went to my local Kroger to purchase the Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas and Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Refrigerated Chicken along with the other ingredients needed.
The great thing is, you can save a combined $2.00 off when purchasing Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Refrigerated Chicken, TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas and Wish-Bone® at Kroger.
The wraps were very tasty and easy to make basically you just mix up the salad and serve it in the tortillas. The Wish Bone Italian dressing was nice and evenly distributed through out the salad. I think the couscous really help with this and it added nice texture. The dressing gave the salad a nice savory flavor.
I love the sweetness you get from the apples and grapes. The apples also ad a nice crunch along with the celery. The celery leaves and parsley add a nice freshness. Oh, and don’t forget about the nice burst of tang from the blue cheese. It all compliments the chicken and flour tortilla so well.
You could make the salad ahead of time and take it on a picnic. Just be sure to wait and add the dressing just before serving. You can even cook the tortilla on you outdoor grill if you’d like. I have done so before and it works great. This is a nice and refreshing summer meal for the whole family!
Apple Almond Chicken Salad Wraps
Real Mom Kitchen
- 6 ounces pkg Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Frozen Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 cup dry couscous cooked according to pkg directions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves packed
- ¼ cup chopped celery leaves packed
- ½ cup diced green apples
- ½ cup quartered green grapes
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 2 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp toasted almonds
- ½ cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- ½ 30 oz bag TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas (9 tortillas), located in the refrigerated section of the store
- Combine the chicken, couscous, parsley, celery leaves, apples, grapes, celery, cheese and almonds in a bowl and toss with Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing; set aside.
- Cook the tortillas according to package instructions. Fill each tortilla with ½ cup of the salad mixture and fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling and pull towards the fold. Fold in the sides and roll tightly. Serves 4-6.
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions are entirely my own.