Are you looking for an easy and delicious breakfast recipe? Look no further than these 3 ingredient pumpkin donuts! With just a box of cake mix, a can of pumpkin puree, and a few teaspoons of pumpkin spice, you can whip up a batch of delectable cake donuts in no time.
These donuts are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go, or for a lazy weekend brunch. They’re also a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without indulging in a heavy dessert.
To make these cake donuts, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then, mix together a box of yellow cake mix, a can of pumpkin puree, and 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice in a bowl. Keep stirring until the batter comes together, then transfer it to a gallon-sized freezer bag.
Cut off one corner of the bag and pipe the batter into a prepared donut pan. Bake the donuts for about 9 minutes, or until they’re lightly golden and springy to the touch. Once they’re done, let them cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
To add some extra sweetness, whip up a simple glaze using powdered sugar, milk, hot water, and vanilla extract. Spoon the glaze over the cooled donuts and enjoy!
This recipe is incredibly easy and requires only a few basic ingredients. Plus, by using cake mix and pumpkin puree, you’ll end up with tender, cake-like donuts that are sure to be a hit. So why not give this recipe a try for your next breakfast or brunch? Your taste buds will thank you!
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Donuts
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 15 oz can or 1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice. It will take some time for the batter to come together, so no worries, just keep stirring.
- Place batter into a gallon sized freezer bag. Cut of a corner and pipe the batter into a donut pan (prepared according to pan instructions, mine was non-stick).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes.
- Allow donuts to cool.
- To prepare glaze, combine ingredients together until smooth.
- Place cooled donuts on a cooling racked that has been place on a baking sheet or place parchment paper underneath. Then spoon glaze over the donuts. Makes 13 donuts.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.