One of my favorite go to recipes is a 3 envelope roast made in the slow cooker. It is no fail and the family loves it. It’s a great throw and go meal. Today’s recipe for 3 envelope steak and gravy is a variation of that family favorite. However, the roast is traded for steak and the 3 envelope are a little different than the roast.
It was equally tasty and equally loved by the family. We love it over mashed potatoes but rice and noodles would also work. This will be a meal you will really enjoy and the weather begins to cool down!
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix
- 1 pkg Au Jus mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 – 3 lbs sirloin steak cut into cubes or stew meat
- hot mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta for serving
- Combine pkgs of gravy and Au Jus along with water into a crock pot.
- Add steak or stew meat to crock pot and cook on low for all day 8-10 hours.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes.
Recipe adapted from Family Favorite Recipes.