- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 large zucchini, enough to make 1 1/2 C puree
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Peel your zucchini and cut it into small 1/2 inch pieces. Put the chunks into your blender or food processor and blend until nice and smooth. You need 1 1/2 cups of puree.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together.
- In a separate bowl combine the melted butter, milk, sugar, eggs and zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients with the dry. Beat with your electric beaters, or in your Kitchen Aid for about 2 minutes, or until nice and smooth.
- Spray your bundt pan generously with cooking spray. My secret to not having your cake stick to the pan is to use Pam Baking Spray.
- Pour the batter in prepared bundt pan and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Insert a knife or toothpick into the center of the cake and be sure it comes out nice and clean before you take the cake out of the oven.
- Let your cake cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then set a plate over the top of the pan and invert the cake onto it. Let the cake cool completely.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all frosting ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, or until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour over the top of your cooled cake.