- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar together until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the mixer on low speed, add eggs, one at a time, until blended. Add lemon juice and zest, mixing until blended.
- Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until blended.
- Drop by rounded scoopfuls onto prepared baking sheets and bake until edges are firm with no color, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar. Servings » Makes 2 1/2 dozen (I used my cookie scoop and got 3 dozen cookies)