- 1 cup milk lukewarm
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 envelope or 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp melted butter cooled to luke warm
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- more melted butter for the waffle iron
- In a bowl, combine warm milk with sugar and yeast. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk with pumpkin, melted butter, vanilla and eggs together.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pumpkin and whisk together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and rise 1 hour or place into fridge overnight.
- Preheat waffle iron. Give the batter a stir before using. Brush waffle iron with melted butter and the amount of batter according the waffle makers manufacturers instructions. Serve with butter and syrup. Makes 3-6 waffles. (My waffle maker takes 1 cup of batter and made 3 waffles)
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin waffles