WISH-BONE® Tosses four new distinct dressings into the mix– for the salad bowl and beyond.
Introducing the sophisticated new dressing flavors: Greek Vinaigrette, Bruschetta Italian, Superfruit Berry Vinaigrette and Mediterranean Italian.
The four new Wish-Bone dressings are great on greens, but they also go beyond the salad bowl, as marinades for meats, vegetables and fruits:
- Greek Vinaigrette, made with feta cheese and ripe black olives
- Bruschetta Italian, inspired by the classic appetizer and made with sun-ripened tomatoes and sweet basil
- Superfruit Berry Vinaigrette, with berry and pomegranate juices
- Mediterranean Italian, made with feta cheese and a refreshing squeeze of lemon
Not only has Wish-Bone enhanced its dressing offerings, it has also changed the bottles they come in. The new bottle has up to 20 percent less plastic than the previous one, so there is less impact on the environment while delivering the same amount of delicious taste.
The new flavors come in a 16-ounce size, in addition to an 8-ounce size for Greek Vinaigrette. They are now available on store shelves nationwide sell for around $2.89.
Wish-Bone has be generous enough to provide me with a gift basket to giveaway to one lucky reader including samples of the new flavors and everything you need to create the perfect salad including a salad spinner, a $25 gift certificate to buy all of the salad fixings, and a salad container to bring the leftovers in to work the next day!
TO ENTER, leave a comment on this post about which new flavor you want to try. You have until Sunday April 24 at 10 pm (MST) to enter.
Here are few of the many ways Wish-Bone’s new dressings dish out tempting flavors for delicious eating. Go to www.Wish-Bone.com for more information and additional recipes.
OPEN-FACED TURKEY BRUSCHETTA SALAD SANDWICHES
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone Bruschetta Italian Dressing, divided
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices hearty whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 lb. sliced deli turkey breast
- 4 tsp. toasted pine nuts
- Toss 1/4 cup Wish-Bone Bruschetta Italian Dressing, spinach, red onion and feta cheese in medium bowl; set aside.
- Evenly brush one side of the bread with remaining 1/4 cup dressing. Evenly top each with turkey and spinach mixture, then sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories 240, Calories From Fat 80, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 9g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g, Sugars 5g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 22g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED VEGETABLE & SHRIMP SALAD
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone Mediterranean Italian Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel or celery
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 large shallots or 1 small onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. cooked large shrimp
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 cups arugula or baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss 1/4 cup Wish-Bone Mediterranean Italian Vinaigrette Dressing with tomatoes, fennel, zucchini, shallots and garlic in 13 x 9-inch shallow roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in shrimp and lemon juice. Roast until shrimp are heated through, about 5 minutes. Toss remaining 1/4 cup dressing in serving bowl with the arugula. Top with shrimp and vegetables. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh basil.
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories 230, Calories From Fat 60, Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 7g, Cholesterol 220mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g, Sugars 8g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 27g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 15%, Iron 30%