- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 all beef hot dogs cut in half lengthwise
- Desired items to dip or top corn dogs with like ketchup, mustard, chili, cheese, sour cream, and green onion,
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- Make a well in the center and then add in the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Whisk until just combined.
- Preheat a square Belgian waffle iron. Spread a very thin layer of batter onto the bottom of the waffle iron. Lay two pieces of hot dog on on each waffle square. Then top each with a bit more batter, just enough to cover the hot dogs. Make sure not to over fill the waffle iron. Close loosely and allow the waffles to cook. Cut each waffle in half to make easy to dip and serve with mustard or ketchup or leave them whole and top them with chili, cheese, sour cream, green onion.