- 1 (22.5 oz) pkg hash brown patties
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 to 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes (1/2 lb is plenty for us)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bake hash brown patties as instructed on the package. Flip them over mid way through and if they are not extra crispy bake an additional 10 minutes.
- While the hash brown patties cook, brown the sausage until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Grease a 9 x13 inch baking dish and place the cooked hash brown patties in a single layer the bottom of the dish. You may need to cut one in order to get them to cover the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, salsa and salt and pepper together. Mix well so the sour cream is combined well and not floating in lumps with the eggs.
- Spread the cubes of Velveeta Cheese evenly over the hashbrowns. Then sprinkle with sausage.
- Pour the egg mixture in the 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes until the eggs are set in the middle and the cheese is melty.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American