- 2 (10¾ oz) can of chicken broth
- 2 tsp or 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups milk (I used skim)
- ½ cup flour
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used medium)
- In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, bouillon, and onion. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrots, and butter. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and simmer until tender – about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and flour together until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the vegetable mixture stirring constantly.
- Add shredded cheese and cayenne. Blend until cheese in melted. Serves 6.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American