- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix (I used Ducan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge, but I think a devils food version would also work)
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with nonstick baking spray with flour. (Do not use paper liners. I used my Demarle pan)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans, and place, rounded side down, on wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add pumpkin and confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth.
- Cut each cupcake in half horizontally. Spread about 2 tablespoons pumpkin mixture evenly over cut side of rounded cupcake halves. Top with cut side of flat cupcake halves.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate and cream. Microwave on High, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and cooled. Spoon desired amount of chocolate over flat side of each cupcake. Cover, and chill, or serve immediately.
Note: Cupcakes can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American