- 1 (around 15.2 oz) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (11 oz) bag caramel bits (found by the chocolate chips at the grocery store)
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour half of the cake batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the caramel bits, evaporated milk and butter to a sauce pan. Cook slowly over low heat while stirring until melted and creamy.
- When the cake is done cooking pour this caramel mixture over the cooked cake followed by 1 cup of the nuts and the chocolate chips. Pour the remaining cake mixture over it and then sprinkle the remaining cup of nuts over the cake. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow cake to cool and serve. Serves 12.