- 2 (4.3 oz) boxes Rice-A-Roni long grain & wild rice
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups diced turkey or chicken
- In a large sauce pan, cook packages of rice according to package directions.
- In a dutch oven sized pot, add celery, onion, and carrots. Cook until vegetables are tender. Remove from pot and set aside.
- In that same pot you cooked the vegetables in, melt butter. Then whisk in flour. Once whisked together slow whisk in the chicken broth, half and half, and milk.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the bouillon cubes in a half cup hot water. Then whisk into the creamy mixture.
- Then add the cooked rice, cooked vegetables, and turkey to the soup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until well heated. Makes 12 servings.