- 8 slices soft bread such as challah or potato bread
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 8 or so slices of leftover turkey
- 1/2 leftover cranberry sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Lay out 4 slices of the bread and top each slice with 2 Tbsp of the grated cheese, 2 slices of turkey, and 2 Tbsp cranberry sauce.
- Top the 4 sandwiches evenly with the remain cheese followed by the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture coating both sides and place in the skillet.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve.