- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (raw)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. instant onion (just the dried minced stuff)
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1.25 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 (8.5 oz.) pkg. cornmeal muffin mix (I used a Jiffy mix)
- Dressings: chopped tomatoes, avocado, shredded lettuce, green onions, cheese, black olives, salsa, and sour cream (whatever you like on your taco)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine beef, egg, onion, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Spread in even layer in bottom of 10-in baking dish (I used an 11×8 dish).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Prepare cornmeal muffin mix according to package directions. Spread over top of the beef. Continue baking at 400 degrees for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Turn upside down on serving plate and top with tomatoes, avocado, black olives and cheese; dollop sour cream on individual servings. Serves 9.