- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
Maple Cranberry Butter:
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup butter, softened
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Fold in pecans. (The batter will be runny like pancake batter. For my waffle Iron I needed 1 1/4 cup waffle batter. I usually use 1 cup with other waffle batters)
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries and syrup. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly. Beat in butter until blended.
- Serve waffles with maple cranberry butter and syrup if desired. Refrigerate or freeze leftover butter. Makes 5 Belgian sized waffles and 1 cup butter.