- 8 slices of bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 deli slices American cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar/Monterrey Jack cheese blend
- Heat a large grill pan over medium heat. Butter 1 side of each slice of bread. Lay half of the bread, butter side down, in the pan.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese on the bread, followed by a slice of American cheese. Then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese on top of each slice of American cheese.
- Then top with the remaining bread slices, butter side up. Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.