- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter. Add onion to the butter and cook until tender.
- Then add flour, salt and pepper and stir until well well blended.
- Add half & half slow while whisking.
- Cook until mixture is thickens.
- Slowly add tomatoes, sugar and Worcestershire. Cook until heated through (DO NOT BOIL.)
- Makes 5 cups.