- 2–3 pounds stew meat
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups beef broth or stock (made up from cubes or granules)
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 5–6 Tbsp apple juice
- 1 (4 oz) can slice mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Add beef to crock pot. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper, the top with onion.
- In a bowl, combine garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and ketchup. Pour over meat in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- When cooked make a simple roux by whisking 1/3 cup flour with enough apple juice (about 5-6 Tbsp) to make a thick but still pourable flour mixture. Stir the roux into the crockpot and add sliced mushrooms.
- Cook on high for 15-30 minutes. Then stir in sour cream.
- Serve over pasta, rice or baked potatoes. Top with addition sour cream if desired.