- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 oz roughly chopped semi-sweet chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over combine).
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate pieces. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and then sprinkle with remaining chocolate pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes for just under-done brownies (until the center of the brownies no longer jiggle).
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. Then carefully remove them out of the pan and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.