- Heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- In a 2-cup liquid measure, measure the buttermilk. Drizzle the 8 Tbsp butter into the buttermilk while stirring. The butter will turn into clumps in the cold buttermilk, this is what you want. This will give you the texture of a biscuit without having to cut the butter in.
- Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula just until the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture slightly pulls away from the edges of the bowl.
- Take a ice cream scoop or ¼-cup measure cup, and spray with cooking spray. You will want to do this each time before scooping the dough. Scoop out mounds of the dough and drop them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake the biscuits until the tops are golden brown and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with additional 2 Tbsp melted butter. Serve warm. Makes 10-12 biscuits.