- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed fresh ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4–1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup cold or room temperature beef broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 8 oz vermicelli or angel hair pasta, cooked according to pkg
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- In a skillet, brown beef over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain off grease, remove from pan to a bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to skillet, and cook onion, celery, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes together over medium heat until onion is tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk beef broth and corn stach together until smooth.
- Add hoisin sauce and soy sauce with the onion mixture. Then mix in the cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add cooked beef that has been set aside to the skillet along with the cooked pasta. Toss to coat.
- Serve each serving sprinkled with green onion. Serves 4.