- 2 cups half and half
- 1 (8 oz) container of spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 (20 oz each) pkgs refrigerated shredded hash browns or frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp minced chives or green onion, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large stock pot, add the half and half, cream cheese, minced onion, salt, and pepper. Heat over medium heat until cream cheese is melted into the mixture. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the hash browns. Stir until well combined.
- Place 1/3 of the potato mixture into the prepared 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup of the Swiss cheese and 1 Tbsp of the chives. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining potatoes and Swiss cheese. Place butter cubs on top. Cover and bake at 375 for 35 minutes/
- Uncover and bake for 10-20 more minutes until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes. Serves 12.