- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream or whipping cream
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. I like to use bakers spray to grease my bundt pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs in one at a time, mixing just until yoke is incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add 1/3 eggnog along with the vanilla to the butter mixture. The mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture. Continue alternating with 1/3 eggnog starting and 1/3 flour mixture until it is all combined. Stir on low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- The the remaining other 1/2 of the battaer, stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
Spoon spiced batter over plain batter. Use a knife to swirl the batters together.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Invert the cake onto a serving platter. Allow to continue to fully cool.
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and heavy cream. If needed add a little milk or cream to thin the glaze if needed. Drizzle glaze over the cake and serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American