- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 sleeves saltine crackers, crushed well
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp honey mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Now for the onion, I finely chop mine in my mini food processor. In a large bowl, combine the onion, cracker crumbs, ground beef, eggs, salt and pepper, honey mustard, 1/2 cup ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Line 2 large sheets with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Roll the mixture into 2 inch balls. I use my cookie scoop to portion them out and roll them in my hands to even them out.
- Bake them in the oven at 400 for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Once the meatballs have cooked drizzle about 2 teaspoons of sauce over each one. Pop them back in the oven for 5 minutes or so to allow the sauce to heat through and get caramelized on the meatballs. Makes 48-56 meatballs.