- 6 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (I say go for butter)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup vanilla milk chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons colored edible glitter, sugar sprinkles, or regular sprinkles
- Measure cereal in large microwaveable bowl. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Add sugar and corn syrup; microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil. Microwave white chocolate on High 30 seconds or until it can be stirred smooth; drizzle over top; sprinkle with edible glitter or colored candies.
For an easy and even way to apply the powdered sugar, pour sugar into a large freezer zip-type bag. After removing the cooked snack mix from the microwave, let stand in bowl 1 to 2 minutes to cool, then pour into bag and shake!