- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) tomato soup
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice
- shredded cheddar cheese for serving
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef with the onion and pepper over medium heat until the beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, soup, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and allow to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve topped shredded cheddar cheese. Serves 6.