- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1(10 oz) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies – Do not drain
- 2 cups beef broth or stock
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish if desired
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, red pepper, salt and pepper. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in the beef broth, rice, undrained Rotel, and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover the skillet and allow to sit for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
For the Instant Pot, in the insert on saute mode brown ground beef with onion, red pepper, salt and pepper. Drain off any excess grease. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in the beef broth, rice, undrained Rotel, and Worcestershire sauce and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and the manually release any remaining pressure. Give a stir and then top with the shredded cheese. Cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American