- 12 oz chocolate, chopped (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 8 muffin liners (I prefer to use the foil kind)
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 ounces white chocolate finely, chopped (I just used the Baker’s squares and broke them in half)
- 1 1/4 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- red food coloring
- Place the muffin liners inside a muffin tin.
- Place the 12 oz of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Using a food safe brush, like a pastry brush, paint the inside on the muffin liner with melted chocolate. Place the muffin liners in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Paint another coating of chocolate inside the muffin liner. Chill in the fridge until ready to fill them with the mousse.
- Set aside 4 of the best looking strawberries. Clean and hull the remaining strawberries then cut them in half.
- Place the prepare strawberries in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Using a fine sieve, press the puree through the sieve into a bowl. This is to remove the seeds. You want to have 3/4 a cup of puree. Once you have 3/4 cup puree, stir in the 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatin. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, heat 1/4 cup of the cream with the powdered sugar to a simmer over medium heat. Add the gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the melted chocolate. Stir until well blended. Then whisk in the 3/4 cup strawberry puree. At this point you can add a few drops of red food coloring to get a nice pink color if needed.
- Whip remaining whip cream with a hand mixer. Add 1/3 of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and whisk together until smooth.
- Next, add the chocolate mixture to the remaining whipped cream and lightly fold in using a silicone spatula. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the fridge and carefully remove the cupcake liners. Pipe the refrigerated mousse into the cups. Cut remaining 4 strawberries in half (leaving the stems on) and place 1/2 on top of the mousse in each chocolate cup.