- 1 (8 oz pkg) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 slices bread (I used Texas toast)
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 4 Tbsp butter, optional
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar, optional
- Combine the cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, and beat until smooth, and then spread 1/2 the mixture on one side of five slices of bread. Top with the sliced strawberries (you will have some extra). Spread more of the remaining mixture on the remaining five pieces of bread and place on top, and make five sandwiches, pressing them together gently to enclose strawberries inside.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400F . Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place in oven to warm up. Melt 1/2 tbsp or so of butter in a frying pan. Take the sandwiches, one by one, and place in the egg and milk mixture, turning so that the mixture covers both sides. Transfer the sandwich to the pan and cook until the first side is lightly brown. Flip over and cook the other side. When both sides are lightly brown, place the sandwich on the baking sheet in the oven to keep warm.
- Before serving, top with the extra sliced strawberries and 2 tbsp powdered sugar. Drizzle with maple syrup or the Strawberry Syrup recipe below. Serves 5.