- 1 lb strawberries, rinsed-hulled-and-diced
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine the diced strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Allow the mixture to sit for one hour giving it an occasional stir. This will allow the mixture to macerate and bring out the juices from the strawberries.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream and whipping cream.
- Then mix in the strawberry mixture and place the mixture in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add the mixture to an air tight container and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Makes 1 1/4 quart.