- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5–6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Strawberry jam (the really smooth kind)
- red food coloring (enough to make it a pretty pink color)
- Place butter and jam in a mixing bowl or an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and cream until well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency. If frosting gets too thick you can add a little milk to thin it out. Put on your favorite cupcake. Makes enough to cover 2 dozen cupcakes.