- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup strawberry cake mix (I used Pillsbury)
- 8 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 (24 oz) pkg white almond bar (white chocolate or candy melts would also work)
- Easter sprinkles
- Spray a 9 x 13 dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Add marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are melted and combined well with the butter.
- Whisk in the cake mix until well blended.
- Add the rice krispies and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Remove from heat and add to the prepared 9 x 13 pan. Use a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper to press the cereal into pan until level.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, cut in half lengthwise then cut into 8 rows creating 16 long bar shaped krispie treats.
- Place almond bark in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. (or use a double boiler)
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper. Dip each krispie treat 1/3 to half way in the melted almond bark. Place on the waxed paper and sprinkle the dipped portion of the treat with Easter sprinkles. Repeat until all treats or dipped and sprinkled. Allow for the almond bark to set and store in a container or package up in cellophane bags.