- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 8 oz to 16 oz mini gnocchi (found in the pasta aisle) *** see note
- 1– 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken *** see note
- 1 cup spinach (roughly chopped)
- In a stock pot, melt your butter and add in the carrots, celery, onion. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onion gets translucent and the vegetables start to get tender. And in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the flour and stir together. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the chicken broth, while stirring. Do the same with the milk and heavy cream.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until thickened.
- Add in the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, gnocchi, and chicken and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until the gnocchi is cooked according to package directions.
- Add in the chopped spinach and cook for another 2 minutes, until wilted.
I prefer the smaller amount of chicken and gnocchi, but the larger amount is the original amount the recipe called for and is how much is used in the photo.