- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, I used white cheddar
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or diced tomatoes
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- sour cream
- any other desired toppings – guacamole, diced avocado, sliced green onion, or cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon a little enchilada sauce into 4 circles on the pan.
- Place a tortilla on top of each circle of the enchilada sauce, and sprinkle 1/4 cup of the chicken, followed by a spoonful of the enchilada sauce, then a layer of cheese. Top with another tortilla and repeat the layering process. Top with a final tortilla, the remaining enchilada sauce, and the remaining cheese.
- Place the pan in the oven. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve topped with diced pico de gallo, olives, sour cream, and any other desired toppings.