- 6–8 cups of water depending on the consistency you prefer for your oatmeal (I used 7 cups)
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Spray the insert of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker and stir until well combined.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- In the morning, stir the oatmeal. It will thicken more after you give it a stir. Unplug the slow cooker and let sit for 5 minutes. Your oatmeal is now ready to serve.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit and brown sugar. Serves 6-8.