- 7–8 oz container almond paste
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups sliced almonds, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 dozen large croissants, sliced in half
- In a food processor, combine the almond paste, sugar, 2/3 cup of the sliced almonds, butter, and vanilla.
- Process until smooth.
- Place remaining almond in a bowl.
- Spread a later of the almond/butter mixture on the bottom half of each croissant. Place the top on and spread some of the almond/butter mixture on the top of each croissant. Dip the croissants top side down in the slice almonds.
- Place the croissants on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.