- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 4 tsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- pepper to taste
- 2 Beef flank steaks (about 1 lb each)
- In a gallon sized freezer bag, combine the lime juice, garlic, chili powder, canola oil, salt, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Add steaks to the bag and seal. Knead the steak in the bag to coat well with the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 6 hours turning occasionally.
- Grilled on a oiled grilled over medium heat for 6-9 minutes per side until desired doneness (for medium rare – 145 degrees, for medium – 160 degrees, and well done 170 degrees) Keep in mind you want to pull it off the grill 5-10 degrees before desired doneness. The meat will cook a little more while it rests.
- Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain. Serves 8.